Thursday, May 1, 2014

Entering the Conversation

This coming Sunday, my Bible Study class will take some time over the next few weeks to look at what people, especially younger people, are saying and thinking about Christians in general.  While it is true that we Christians are not necessarily driven by what people think of us, it is also true that we need to listen to what people say they see in our lives.  If our lives and our faith are not lining up in visible ways, then it may (I would even say does) point to a significant challenge that we will face in sharing the Good News of Jesus.

I've done lots of reading and research over the past 8 years of my life.  In all of that, I've come to the conclusion that there are way too many times where we, as Christians, simply fail to realize that people outside the church actually do look at our lives.  We know and understand that we are right with God because of His grace shown to us in Christ, but too often, we resist living the new life that Jesus creates in us, somehow thinking it's okay to still hold to our old sinful ways.

I realize that this is a far more complex issue than how I'm painting it here.  That's why I truly do believe that we benefit from hearing what others see in us.  That's why I want to lead my study through a series of videos available on Youtube, which feature some men who have done significant study on them.  As I come across them, I'll probably also include links here on the blog, so that, if you want to follow along, you can do so.  I'd even encourage you to throw your two cents in on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment