Friday, July 18, 2014

How Would You Respond?

On Fridays, I'm going to start a new series for these posts.  I'll paint a picture of an opportunity to minister in Christ's name, and ask how you would respond to it.  In the comments that you may make, please be respectful of each other (and of me, too!), and focus primarily on how we build up the kingdom of Christ rather than looking to tear down what other people think (myself included!).

So here's today's scenario.  You are going through the line at the grocery store.  The clerk does the typical, "how are you today" line, and you share the typical "Find, and you?"  He or she responds that they are looking forward to getting off work and enjoying the beautiful day outside.

How would you respond to their statement?  Or, perhaps, let me ask it in a different way.  How could you respond in a way that would bring your faith into the conversation?  You might have only a minute or two until they are done ringing up your groceries, so your response has to be fairly to the point.  What are some ways that you could respond by bringing God or even Jesus into the conversation?

I look forward to hearing what you might come up with. 

2 comments:

  1. Not saying I would but I could respond with how amazed I am at the beauty of the world God has created. Then ask them what part of that creation amazes them the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. I'm not sure. I think I need to do a better job of sharing God with my love ones; some who have drifted away from Jesus and the church, and some who have yet to receive the Good News of Christ.

    ReplyDelete