Monday, August 20, 2012

A Few New Things for the Fall

For all of you who have been following me for a while, you've probably gotten used to my occasional scattered appearances on here.  Sometimes work and life get in the way of posting, but at other times, it may simply be that I have nothing worth posting running through my head.

That all will be changing in the next week or so, though.  As part of a way to get God's people thinking about how simple it is to understand God's Word and commands, and to get an idea of just how deep they penetrate into our lives, I will be starting a daily "Catechism Thought for the Day."  In these daily blog posts, I will introduce a small section of the Small Catechism, have a Bible reference associated with that thought, and then give a brief devotional thought or suggestion for what that part of the Small Catechism may mean for our daily life.

This is part of a fall theme that I will be leading that is simply titled, "Taking Faith Seriously."  Much of what we do in our lives shows how seriously we take our faith as we go about living our lives.  So my intent for these daily catichetical thoughts will simply be to provide ways for us to think about how we take our faith lives seriously, and how that may look as we go about living our lives.

There will not be a standard format for these thoughts or devotions.  One day may simply be a thought on what it means, another day may be a suggestion for how to find moments in our day that reflect our faith and our seriousness of it, and other days may simply be explanations.  However, the thing that will be remain constant will be an emphasis on the simplicity of what we know and believe about God, as well as encouragement for how our lives reflect the seriousness with which we take our faith.

I'm looking forward to doing this, for both the discipline and the discovery that it will call forth from me.  I hope that you feel comfortable sharing any thoughts that may strike you along the way, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment