Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A happy new year

Well, we are now 7 days into the new year.  I realize that it's been a lot longer than that since I last posted something on here.  But that's about to change once again.

I hope that each and every one of you has been having a blessed new year thus far.  God's grace promises to carry through to us every year, and we rejoice in that grace as we live under it in His eternal kingdom.

Being the kind of person I am, I typically set goals for myself for the upcoming year.  Not so much resolutions, but things I want to see accomplished in the coming year.  Some of these are of a personal nature, such as my family time and how I interact with my family, as well as my running and exercise routine.  Some are professional, involving things such as reading, writing, and professional growth in areas in which I work.  Others, since I am a part of a local congregation with some amount of influence and guidance, have to do with the life of that congregation.

Over the next few days, I'll share a few of these with you, as well as ask you about any that you may set.  But above all, what I strive for in all of these is that the LORD our God is better served, even as He has served us fully in Christ our Lord.  May this year be one lived out in His holy name!

No comments:

Post a Comment