Monday, November 12, 2012

Getting back into the swing of things

Just over a week ago, something very significant happened in my life.  My little girl turned 6 months old.  Now, while that is rather remarkable in and of itself, I've also noticed that her 1/2 year old benchmark has brought about a few changes in my life, and that of my wife as well. 

We've both started to get "back" to somewhat of a routine in our house.  For those who know us, you probably know that we both are fairly routine kind of people.  Prior to the little girl, we had our weekly routine, and there wasn't really a lot of straying from it.  This involved work, exercise, making food, cleaning house, doing laundry, and all of those other mundane things.  We had fallen into a system where they were getting done and we knew when and where.

Alas, the little girl brought some fairly major disruptions to that routine.  Rather than Sunday afternoon laundry, it became doing laundry whenever we could get a load in.  Instead of regular exercise, it became "get a run in when you can", even if two or three weeks went by in between.  (By the way, I've checked in at my gym on a couple of occasions over the last six months, and have been embarrassed by how much time has gone by between my visits there.)

I realize that life is always going to have interruptions, and that simply having a little one that turns 6 months old won't bring back what was happening before.  However, I have also realized that my efforts at blogging have been affected.  And that's part of the reason for this post.  My intent is to get back to blogging 5-6 times every week.  Plus, I'm thinking that I will start publishing my sermons on here on Sundays as well, so there may be even as many as 7 per week!

Sometimes interruptions are understandable.  Sometimes they require that we carve out time for those things that are important.  While I won't pretend that blogging is up toward the top (such things as family time, food, work, prayer, Bible reading, and household chores will always be higher than blogging), it is my full intention that I stay faithful to it.  I have found that it helps me clarify my thinking simply by putting my thoughts down on "paper", so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment