Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A New Arrival

Hi friends,

You may have noticed that I haven't been on here very much for the past week.  Don't worry, I haven't been slacking off (at least, not in the traditional sense).  Rather, a very important moment happened last week that has basically called for some new demands on my time.

That event would be the birth of my daughter.  Yes, late last week, my wife woke up one day feeling contractions.  They were coming about 10 minutes apart.  Me, being a typical guy, realized that I still had to do a little work, so I went to work around 8:00 that morning to write my sermon for Sunday.  After being up at work for about half an hour, Carrie called me to say that she really needed me at home.  So I finished up writing and headed home. 

Her contractions were about 2-4 minutes apart at that point.  We actually were able to stay at home until about noon (6 hours into labor), when Carrie felt that she couldn't handle a car ride if we waited much longer.  So we got to the hospital, went up to the delivery section, and (upon her initial exam) were told that she was dilated to 7 cm.  This meant that the baby was well on the way.

We only had to wait until 3:05 that afternoon for little baby girl to arrive.  A couple of days in the hospital, and baby and mommy are both fine.  We came home a couple of days ago, and have been getting used to the schedule required of a newborn. 

So I do hope that you will forgive me for not blogging very regularly over the past week.  But rest assured, I will be back with my usual content before you know it.

2 comments: