Monday, October 29, 2012

Called To Serve

Hey all, I know it's been a long time since I last posted anything.  Specifically, it's been since October 14, according to my blog listing.  That's way too long, and even though I have had some decent reasons, it's a reminder that blogging is a way of life and not some mere hobby.

Part of the reason I've been away is that I have been issued a call to serve another church as their pastor.  Oak Road Lutheran Church in Lilburn, Georgia, has issued that call to me.  What that means is that I currently hold two calls into the ministry.  Obviously, that is a situation that cannot last long.  So for the past couple of weeks, my wife and I have been praying and considering where God's guiding hand is leading us to minister and serve.

It's a great and rather humbling thing to realize that God may be calling me to serve in another place.  I have been at my current congregation in Logan for almost 11 1/2 years.  That's practically unheard of for a first call, it seems.  Even I have been surprised at times at how long I have been ministering here.  And yet, in so many ways, it has been relatively easy to see God's hand at work throughout.  Relationships have been built, people have come to faith, children have been baptized and instructed, and God continues to do a great many things here. 

I've been praying and deliberating about this for a couple of weeks, and plan to have a direction sometime in the next couple of weeks.  Until that time, I would appreciate all the prayers and thoughts that could be lifted up as I consider where God's guiding hand is leading. 

Peace in Christ,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment